Thursday, August 30, 2012

Why Bill worries about me

For months I waited to see what the furniture would look like in this new store that was being built in east Memphis.  Everytime we drove past it I couldn't believe it was still empty.  Finally I voiced my frustration aloud as Bill was driving past the empty store front glass windows. 

Me:  I can't believe how long it's taking to get furniture in that store.  It looks like it should have been ready months ago.
Now you see it.........

Bill:  What store?

Me:  The one over there with the huge windows.  Not a single piece of furniture in that place.

Bill:  Ummmm,  WHAT STORE?

Me:  [ pointing to empty store]  THAT STORE !! I've been wanting to go inside and see the teakwood furniture but there's nothing there.  It's been like that forever.

Bill:  Teakwood furniture?

Me:  yes, the teakwood furniture store OVER THERE [more exasperated pointing and huffing]

Bill:  That says taekwondo..................

Me:   oh.    That word is confusing.    It should say karate.

Bill:  But it's not karate.  It' s taekwondo.

Me:  How would you know the difference?

Bill:  I know enough to know it's not furniture. 

Me:  I got nothing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment