Sunday, November 2, 2014

Cooking. Or more reasons to drink wine.

I LOVE COOKBOOKS
Roast a chicken he said.  It's easy he said. 


Me:  hey Bill, come in here and read this to me.
Bill:  ok, where?
Me:  There [pointing fat covered finger at book]
Bill: "to truss the chicken....."
Me:  *%$#@$%^
Bill:  what are you doing?
Me:  Trussing!
Bill:  Why are you bleeding?
Me:  I don't have time to explain, NEXT SENTENCE
Bill:  "find middle of string, wrap around tail and cross over , then wrap around end of legs and pull tight, flip chicken, cross on back.....
Me:  TOO FAST......wait, no , I got it! I got it.
Bill: cross over wings , tie in knot, cut excess
This is why Kroger cooks chickens
Me:  tah dah.......NO....I CUT IT TOO SHORT, LOOSE WINGS, LOOSE WINGS.....
I'll just look at the pictures. 
BILL: .............it'll be fine.
Me:  ..... go get the staple gun.
Bill: .....we don't have a staple gun.
Me: .....Julia would have a staple gun.  Is it too early for wine?




No comments:

Post a Comment