Monday, February 13, 2012

Vampires Welcome

kinda like the one NOT missing
Last nights conversation as we were climbing into bed

Bill:  Did you find your cross charm?

Me:  Yes.  It was with all the other stuff.

Bill:  So you found your cross?

Me:  Um......., I just said I found it with the other stuff.

Bill:  That wasn't your cross laying on the closet floor?

Me:  Wait......., what cross on the floor?

Bill:  I JUST ASKED YOU IF YOU FOUND YOUR CROSS?!

Me:  I don't understand.  I didn't lose my cross.

Bill:  There was ONE on the closet floor.  I assumed you dropped it out of your jeans pocket so I put it on the bathroom counter.

Me:  WHY WOULD YOU ASK IT LIKE THAT?  Why wouldn't you say " I found a cross on the closet floor, IS IT YOURS?"

Bill:  I did

Me:   No, no, YOU SAID did I find my cross?!  Which implies that I knew I lost it WHICH I didn't.   Except for the first time I was looking which was 2 weeks ago.  Which was the question I thought you were asking.  You're asking it wrong.

Bill: Why would I ask you about the cross from 2 weeks ago?  Why do I talk to you?? [lots of moaning - but not for a good reason]

Me:   Look............a quarter.  ( a comment I make when I'm done with this conversation)

Clearly I need to keep up with that cross for reasons other than redundant questioning. 

I love quarters

No comments:

Post a Comment