Sunday, March 11, 2012

Birthday Toaster - the story, but not a book, yet

So, I got a toaster today.  How this went down.

Bill: What do you want for your birthday?

Me: I don't know. What do you think I want for my birthday?    ( just after a long conversation about the new iPad hitting the market and how cool it is and how it has the new iPhoto app that would be so useful since I love photography and how sad I was that my iPad isn't able to use that particular app)

Bill: Well, you need to pick something  ( because he's on a time frame of some made up universe somewhere)

Me: Hey, did you ever get your birthday gift?  You know, you suppose to get new golf clubs and since we're on an imaginary timer somewhere you're choices are now golf clubs or a kitty.  You have 24 hours.

Bill: I'm waiting until spring before getting the clubs, don't you worry about it. 

Me: Kitty or clubs.  24 hours. 

Bill: Do you want a birthday gift?

Me: Hmmmm, ( as we're driving past Best Buy)  oh, oh , I know how about one of those cases for my iPhone that saves it from certain destruction? Life something......... iLife.. no, no, that's not it....ummm.

Bill:  Great.  ( whipping the car around and pulling into BB) ( silently crossing task off his list)

After picking out the phone case - WHICH IS AWESOME, I can now stay in the shower all day long and be current on all my email, facebook, etc. AND use it as a weapon if anyone tries to sneak up on me while otherwise engaged, so win-win., I walk past the toasters and say. "and a toaster"


Not possessed, as far as I know.

Bill: I am not buying you a toaster for your birthday.

Me: But I want one, you know I'm at war with our currently possessed toaster .  ( Beelzebub)

Bill:  I think it's operator error.

Me: Only if pushing the button down is wrong.

Bill:  I'm not buying you a toaster for your birthday.

Me: I want a toaster.

Bill: ughhh, whatever - get the toaster.

Me: hmmm, let's go to Costco in case this toaster is also possessed by demons it will be easier to take back.

Bill: Get in the car woman.

(at Costco)
Me: Look there's the same toaster 30.00 cheaper here.  I win!

Bill:  You look like you'd like to have a juicer too. ( Costco must lace their carts with crack)

Me:  Sure , I'll juice all my  Girl Scout Cookies - it says it can juice anything.

Bill: Lord help me.     -------- Get in the car woman.

And that's how I got a toaster.             And a juicer.           But not an iPad.    Yet. 

It is my birthday month.  



2 comments:

  1. if you get that ipad in THIS birthday month, i'm going to have you come give me some lessons. because, i usually end up getting what i really want, but it takes a heckava lot longer than a measly month, and things generally have to get ugly, real ugly before the boy comes to his senses and buys me what i really want for my b'day.....and he usually spends more money buying me something nicer than i really wanted to make for him acting like such an a-s. why?

    ReplyDelete