Saturday, December 15, 2012

Today my cat caught on fire


Not Flame Retardant. 
 Just when you think it's safe to go back into the kitchen the house cat sets herself on fire.  I'm kind of pissed she did it before I thought of doing it.  To me, not her ( settle down).  It's a great conversation starter.  "hey what happened to most of your hair?"

My daughter had just gotten home from college and I was completely absorbed in whatever she was saying which is now permanently lost because at that exact moment Loki decided to make her presence known and unforgettable by jumping up on the kitchen counter.  And her aim couldn't have been any better, smack dab over the top of a scented candle.  She did land on all fours (not one of her best talents) and......stood there.  With the flame licking up the right side of her body.  And she just stared at us, LIKE we were crazy for yelling at her.  We both saw her fur start to burn (still staring at us).   Now we're frantically waving and screaming at her.  Now she's just annoyed and staring.  Which meant I had to "stop, drop and roll" a pissed off flaming cat.

The good news - it just singed her fur.
The bad news - my kitchen will never smell like Christmas again.  Just burnt hair.  Burnt cat hair. 
Also I may have lost a finger in the "roll" part as she took issue with that maneuver.  also maneuver is hard to spell.   ma-new-ver.  Whatever.    My cat was on fire. Now it's out.

Welcome home Katie.  Smell the Christmas Joy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment