Tuesday, July 2, 2013

making my bed

Everyone has their quirks.  Some of us are blessed to have a variety of quirks.  I'm quirk friendly.  And there is a distinct difference between a quirk and an obsession and an illness.  It's a fine line.

When I go on vacation.....I make the bed.  I can't help it.  I make the bed.  With all the little decorative pillows and shams fluffed up and back in their places.  I love walking in and out of my room as if I'd just gotten there.
places everyone!!!

And then I get a HUGE cup of coffee with extra cream BECAUSE IT'S VACATION. And I sit and stare out the window. 
the window


No one puts their crap on my bed.  That would be a mistake.  One doesn't want to rock the happy boat on vacation.  ( all of Bill's stuff is in the closet) 

Sometimes I take pictures of things in my room.  I usually forget I've taken them and then later can't figure out where the heck the door knob is from. 
dresser door
Knob
water color.  All I can think of is it probably smells there. 
Sometimes I do this as early as 6:00 am.  Fortunately for Bill he's already down at the beach staring out at the ocean from his chair.  He knows all the chair guys, lifeguards and the 15 or so dogs that walk the beach every morning.  He reports back later how many sharks, sea turtles and supposed seals ( this is a major bone of contention) that he's seen.  He also has his quirks, although it's safe to say he'd label them being focused on a issue that needs to be resolved.  A quirk by any other name.  His are the beach chairs. And I'm good with that.   

These are my chairs.  From which I stare out from the balcony and see his chairs.  But no seals.  
Buster could swim here safely 

No comments:

Post a Comment