Sunday, September 8, 2013

The Great Shirt Incident

First I'd like to say this wasn't intentional.

Friday night I received a text from my best friend.  It said " We have a mystery on our hands."

Her husband had to work that day but also had a doctor's appointment that afternoon so he took a change of clothes with him.  When he went to change this is what he saw.


 She went on to text " We have NO idea what happened. It was cut. Not torn.  1/4 of the back of his shirt is gone!

I responded with " Isn't that the shirt you gave me to practice sewing on?"
Breaking in my new machine 
the shirt I carefully hung on my chair. after surgery

Her response " OMG"

This is why men should hang up their clothes.  I never mistake one of my own shirts for practice material.  I have mistaken black bags of sweaters for Goodwill donations however.  Which is exactly how all of Bill's winter sweaters ended up being donated.  I couldn't tell the bags of old toys  from the "These are ALL MY SWEATERS IN THE WORLD  bag." when I was grabbing stuff out of the attic one day.  Or the time I was accused of intentionally leaving his suit at the cleaners and never picking it up.  In my defense I think we all knew it was past it's prime.  Still I am no longer in charge of dry cleaning.  I'm just heartbroken.
Men rarely find these kinds of mistakes funny.    But they are.

I did apologize.  I could sew it back on.  Next time I'm there .

No comments:

Post a Comment