Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Coffee Club



Golden Eye..............ing my iced coffee.
 
I made the iced coffee recipe from a popular website called The Pioneer Woman Cooks.  She's awesome.  Love her blog, recipes, stories. We'd probably be good friends except for my on again off again Tourette's.  It takes 8 hours to prepare that recipe, it involves cheesecloth , which you may be surprised to know is NOT in the cheese department at the grocery store.  It makes 8 quarts and for most people will last about  three weeks.  Most people.  She probably did not say what I said when I got a phone call from my lovely daughter while I was at work. ( but I bet she would think it)

Katie (daughter):  Hi mom, I'll be a little late meeting you for lunch.  Someone left the lever down on the coffee dispenser in the fridge and there is now a large pool of cold coffee on the kitchen floor.  Well, what managed to find a way OUT of the fridge.

Me: *&^%*&^!  

Katie:  It's okay, I used all the paper napkins to wipe it up.  It smells great though. 

Me: *&*&$(*&  

Katie:  So, I'll be there to pick you up in a second.  After I get the kitten and dog off the walls from their caffeine overdose.

Me:  *&*$^*(*#^

Katie:   It was you Mom, wasn't it?

Me:  *&$*(&#^**##

Katie:  Yeah, I know Mom, I understand.  Be there in a second.  

I love my children.   It's good practice for them for when I'm ready for the home.  Which is a lot closer than one would think.  Except for maybe Bill.  And the high flying kitten and dog.    

No comments:

Post a Comment