Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Men are NOT visual creatures.

Yesterday I got a letter in the mail from my unstable aunt.  I've been getting letters almost weekly.  What I love about them is

1. No mention of my grandmother passing.
2. They're written on paper from 1950.
3. They're all addressed to Kelly and Jim ( my deceased brother-inlaw)
4.  Each one comes with a threat.
5.  Followed by "but I love YOU" 
6.  She illustrates the weather.

It's like a little docu-drama!  So exciting! I never know who's picture will be in there or if there will be clouds or angry thunder arrows.
But as disturbing as all this can be it's not nearly as distrurbing as having your husband looking over your shoulder at the pictures and uttering these words:

Bill:  Oh, it that you?

Me:  Where?

Bill:  That one, is that a picture of you?

Me:  Seriously?!  You think that's a picture of me?

Bill:  Well, she's wearing glasses and has frizzy hair.

Me:  Thanks for that.  And NO- it's a picture of my grandmother taken in the 1940's.

I see no point in ever drying my hair again or putting on makeup.  Or shaving my legs.   


And the first person who messages and says this looks like me I am "unfriending"  , I mean it.

--crap, I do look like this.  Shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment