Monday, May 20, 2013

Achieving Goals. Mehhhh....

Last year I failed dismally at achieving my 2012 Goodreads goal of whatever number of books I thought I could read.  It was probably a million because I'm idealistic that way.  Especially after a carafe of coffee.  The same kind of idealism that sends me out to the sports store to purchase a new running shorts. And shoes.  And a heart monitor.  And the exercise ball.    Maybe idealism and idiocy are more closely related than I care to admit.   So this year I thought I'd pace myself by setting a goal of 1 book for 2013.  That way IF I read more will have surpassed my own goal and I'll feel very very good about myself every time I see I've completed 100% on my goal wall thingy.   And then I'll holler out "Tahhh Dahhh" !
not a hardback. 

Of course I am a little panicked that I've waited until the end of May to even commit to reading a book, so the pressure is on before the end of the year sneaks up on me.  And it's not that I don't like to read, I LOVE TO READ!  And usually I tear through books like I do my pantyhose.  But why punish myself?  

Right now I'm reading "Epson Stylus NX420 Series - The Quick Guide."  Not because of it's clever writing but because all my programs were wiped out in the great laptop death of early May and all my printer connections disappeared.    I doubt I'll finish it.  But if I do ....."Tahhh Dahhh"!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment