Wednesday, January 2, 2013

PS3


Red Devil

I got a PS3.  Not because I'm some gaming genius, let's face it, yesterday I had to call my son to ask how to return a movie to the stupid RedBox kiosk inside Kroger.  My method of repeatedly shoving it in the slot was not yielding the results I had hoped.  I called my son and we had an engrossing conversation of how do I do this, WHAT?, I can't hear you?, WHAT?, MOM stop yelling, WHAT?,  And that was pretty much the entire dialog.  Then I spotted another mom person.  I could tell because she looked tired and had on a stained sweat shirt so we were practically twins.   I started waving my hand with the offending DVD in it and she DID NOT EVEN BLINK.  We recognize our own.  And of course she knew exactly what I needed in stark contrast to the kid on the phone who was confused at my confusion.  I just hung up. 

But back to the PS3.  I need a PS3.  I'm tired of guessing which format movie/game/ whatever to buy or rent and I'm pretty sure my entire family is equally tired of my texts. 

Me: do we use blueray or the other?
Andrew:  mom, you don't have blueray.
Me: what do I have?
Andrew: other
Me: but the movie I want only comes in blueray.  what movies does the Wii play?
Andrew: none
Me:  WTH?  what do I have?
Andrew: mom, I have a blueray, you do not.
Me:  I hate this. 

But I really decided I needed a PS3 WHEN Andrew discovered we had HDMI on our TV screen and simply had never pushed that button.  It was like magic!  Of course now I can't find any of my dang channels so I listen to the music channels which kind of defeats the whole high def thingy. 


I think I can knit this......

Andrew set up the entire system along side the Xbox, Wii and Bose , so now I have a 1  in 4 chance of success. Or a 3 in 4 chance of screwing up some hard drive and blaming the cat or a freak lightening storm.  Or cats that shoot lightening out of their eye.  Laser Cats.  I saw that on Saturday Night Live so it must be real.   Then he confiscated the games that came with it.  He said  and I quote " Mom, you don't need these."  And although he's most likely right I find myself intrigued with the whole Assassins Creed story which up until I saw Andrew play  I was repulsed by the commercials.  It's a whole story, with background and hints and clues.  But Andrew said I'm barely ready for Little Big Planet.  So I'll just be happy being a sackperson.  As happy as a sack person can be.  Until they invent a new format.  Then I'll be an angry sackperson.

No comments:

Post a Comment